Sweet Potato Nachos
- 4 medium Sweet potatoes sliced into "nacho" chips
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb Ground chicken
- 1 can Black beans, rinsed
- 1 can Diced tomatoes, drained (could also use salsa / pico)
- 2 sprigs Green onion
- Sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Packet of taco seasoning
- Shredded cheese optional
Toppings of Choice:
- avocado, shredded lettuce, onion, jalapeño, hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Lightly coat a large baking sheet with spray. I used aluminum foil on my pan for easier cleaning up.
- Add one layer of the sliced sweet potatoes and the 2 Tbsp of olive oil so that each sweet potato is very lightly covered. I do this with the bottom of a spoon.
- Cook sweet potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes, or until they are as “crunchy” as you’d like.
- While they are cooking, brown your ground chicken with the packet of taco seasoning, according to directions on the taco packet.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, top with the ground chicken, black beans, tomatoes, shredded cheese (optional), and green onion.
- Put back into the oven for 3-5 minutes.